RouteBuddy Digital Ordnance Survey Maps
Selecting any of the links in the text below will take you directly to the relevant page of the RouteBuddy website, where you can view and purchase RouteBuddy products (each link opens in a new window):
For use with RouteBuddy for Windows or Mac OS X, as well as Atlas for iOS devices.
(for more detail about the software for viewing the maps please refer below)
Choose from nearly 700 Ordnance Survey titles in the following categories:
Explorer 1:25k series - matching OS sheet titles available as paper maps
Landranger 1:50k series - matching OS sheet titles available as paper maps.
National Parks 1:25k - Boundaries encompass towns on edge of boundary.
National Parks 1:50k - Boundaries encompass towns on edge of boundary.
Regional series 1:25k, 1:50k, 1:250k - Great Britain divided into 8 regions
RouteBuddy Software for Windows or Mac OS X
RouteBuddy software is an advanced, cross-platform mapping application for Windows and Mac OS X.
Voted Recommended Best Buy in Feb 2012 TGO Magazine, RouteBuddy is a popular desktop mapping app for ultra-hikers, bikers, runners and walkers alike.
High resolution Topo (OSGB, USGS and IGN France), road, and satellite maps can be viewed in the same application using our state-of-the-art animated layer technology.
- Zoom in to nearly double the scale of a paper map.
- Communicate with a whole host of GPS devices and transfer your data.
- Multiple features to add and edit your own and imported data.
- Import and export various file formats including gpx, kml, csv and ov2.
- Tab between OS map and aerial imagery whilst stil viewing your geodata.
- Find uncharted trails in the aerial imagery, plot a route and view on the OS map.
- Perfect alignment with of all maps in the range using the WGS84 datum.
Current maps available:
- Ordnance Survey GB Maps 1:25k, 1:50k and 1:250k scales
- IGN France Topo Maps 1:25k, 1:50k and 1:100k scales
- USGS State Topo Maps 1:24k
- Vector based Road Maps of Europe and North America
Download a free working demo of the RouteBuddy app for Windows or Mac OS X.
Atlas App for iOS and Mobile
RouteBuddy digital Ordnance Survey maps can also be used in our free iOS app called "Atlas" available from the iTunes store.
Note: Additional mobile device usage will be added during 2012
- High speed map rendering, zooming and panning.
- Clean and simple user interface.
- Online access to maps from OpenStreetMap with the ability to cache tiles for offline use.
- Display your location using the device's inbuilt GPS
- Upload routes and waypoints using gpx and kml files
- Record tracks and export to Windows or Mac
- Load maps and geodata via WiFi or over USB from Windows or Mac OS X
For more information about RouteBuddy Software, Maps and supported devices please visit the RouteBuddy website. RouteBuddy Ltd. is a UK company based in Guildford, Surrey.